Monday, April 19, 2010

Stonehenge and Salisbury

Friday April 9th the the whole group of us went to Stonehenge and Salisbury for the day. I'd been to Stonehenge before so I wasn't that excited to go there, especially since when I was there before we got to go inside the stones and this time we had to stay on the outside. I still think it's the most random thing to have two major roads that go right by Stonehenge and some people see it everyday on their way to work. It was a really nice day, so I got some good pictures:



















Once we were done there, we headed to Salisbury. The main thing there is the cathedral, and it's gorgeous:












After we were done at the cathedral we had time to roam around the town a little bit. It was so cute and quaint. It reminded me alot of a town we went to before called Lacock. We had a couple hours to just wonder but the town was so small I think we walked around the whole thing. We headed back to the cathedral where there was a huge lawn for us to hang out on. Little by little our group made it back there. I think this was the first time ever that we were all in one spot before our assigned time. It was such a pretty area (minus the scaffolding) and such a nice day!



It was a long day for us since Stonehenge is about a 2 hour ride from London. Most of the rest of the group had been going out to a pub called O'Neills on a fairly regular basis, but up until this night I hadn't gone. So obviously I don't drink a ton, but honestly with this group you don't need to be drunk to have fun. We have a core group of about 10 of us that hang out all the time and we always manage to have a good time. This night in particular was probably the most fun I've had (until that point) in London because as the night progressed and our table got smaller and smaller, Shandale and I were left with 5 of the guys. I can't explain how much I love our boys, they are awesome and are really protective over us... oh and they are pretty funny too:



No comments:

Post a Comment