Thursday, April 1, 2010

London

So we should have had 4 full days to explore and do things in London. That was before I lost my passport. Since we were stuck in Paris, we missed out on the whole day on Sunday and the London Eye which we had already bought tickets for and the Beatles trip to Liverpool on Monday that had already been paid for. We finally got back to London at about 2pm last Monday and were in desperate need of a shower by that point so we decided to go do that first then try and see as much as we could Monday night.

For some reason I decided to take umbrella's with me, I'm not really sure why since it never rains in London... haha yeah right! The weather here is so temperamental!




After that we decided to try and see as much of the 'tourist' stuff as we could and Mom decided that the passport fiasco just meant that she would have to come back to London someday. First thing we did was went to Harrods.



I'm not entirely sure what I expected, but it wasn't really what I had in mind. I guess I thought it was more of a 'London' store, with 'London' things. But it's really just a really big department store like Macy's. Don't get me wrong, it's huge, but most of the stuff in there we couldn't afford anyway. We ended up at the Harrods store and bought a couple things there and also saw the Princess Diana memorial. I was a little unclear as to why the memorial was in Harrods, but Mom explained that Dodi's dad owns the store. Que the 'oooohhhh' with the Jeff hand movements.



At the Piccadilly Circus Tube stop, they have a very good marketing strategy in that to get out of one of the many exits, you have to go through a store called 'Cool Britania'. We spent quite awhile in there and I know this may come as a shock to all of you, but Mom made a friend:



They also had this awesome Mini in the middle of the shop... I want it:




Other than shopping, all we really got done that night was Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye. It was late by the time we got there, so we took some pictures, walked around a little bit and headed back to the hotel. I'm really impressed with the quality of the night pictures I get with my new camera!










Alright, I'm going to stop there for now. I keep thinking I'm going to get caught up one of these days and it hasn't happened yet and it will probably be at least Sunday before I have time to add anything else. Tomorrow I'm heading to Dover for the day with a few of the people from the group... someone tell The Gramma, she will be proud! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment