Thursday, May 20, 2010

Theater

Well it's been 2 weeks now since I updated (sorry been having too much fun! :) so I thought I'd tell you about the theater shows we have gone to.

The first was Wicked:



Me and Barbara!


Second was A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe:





Aaron likes us... I swear!


I wasn't that excited to go to this play, but it was actually really cool. We had standing tickets and were right up next to the stage. The group of actors for this play are in a traveling group and because of this, they let them do a modern version. It was set in the 1920's and was very interactive. The actors talked and wanted responses from the audience and even came into the crowd a few times.

Third was the Lion King, but this one wasn't part of the group. I went with Ann and Barbara and thanks to some really bad directions we got to the theater and picked up the tickets at about 728pm for the show that started at 730pm. We got inside only to find out that there were people in our seats that were determined that we were wrong. We were not however, they were. The usher came and kicked them out and we sat down and the play started. It was SO cool. By far my favorite of the one's that I've seen here. It pretty much follows the movie, but the way they use the people for the characters is amazing. Everyone should definitely go see it at Keller in Portland!







Last night was our last group play and it was Mrs. Warren's Profession. I had no clue what this one was about, but it's basically a 'Mrs. Robinson' kind of story. Due to some personal reasons my mind was elsewhere during most of the play, but it was better than I was expecting.

I don't have any more shows lined up and don't really expect to see any more while I'm here. The main one I wanted to see was the Lion King and I've got that covered now. I'm also going to see Wicked again this summer in San Francisco on our annual 'Girls Weekend'. I'm excited to see if there is a difference!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Wicked in that very same theater! :) AND I'm going to see it again in SF in June....heart. We'll have to compare notes, girl!

    ReplyDelete